Strategic Key Account Manager
Trespa International B.V. is a leading innovator in the field of architectural materials, recognized internationally as a premier developer of high-quality panels for exterior cladding, decorative façades, and scientific surface solutions. Since its founding in 1960, Trespa has worked closely with architects, designers, installers, distributors and end users globally. Innovation has always been, and will continue to be, the cornerstone of the company. For our Dutch Sales Team we are looking for a Strategic Key Account Manager.
Job Role Characterization:
In this job you are responsible for the commercial management and development of our large and complex key accounts. For these customers, you develop and manage a strategic account plan and execution roadmap to deliver. Cornerstones are value creation for both the customer and Trespa, revenue/margin management, continuously improving customer satisfaction and delivery of mutually agreed commitments and benefits, including performance and contract management. You identify and act upon high potential opportunities to support the customers’ business and to develop and contract new services for logistics and processes. You actively build your network with new and existing customers at all levels and in business relevant areas. You are ultimately responsible for your customer to deliver the sales growth plan, whilst working closely together with Trespa colleagues in Sales Management, Finance, Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service, Procurement, and others. You report to the Region Manager.
- Develop, negotiate and implement sales growth strategies for key customers, their dealers and sub-dealers; for both the project and broad/stock business. Ensure a balanced number of partners are covering on behalf of Trespa.
- Create multi-year key account plans, validated by the customer before the start of the year
- Most effectively communicate the brand value proposition to distributor/dealer sales reps
- Secure quality and compliance levels: Organize training where required for customers and the customer’s customers
- Develop partner programs with the main distributors to win in the market place
- Follow up KPI’s of key customers and manage deviations from plans on a quarterly basis;
- Monitor customer satisfaction on a regular basis and organize appropriate actions if improvements are required.
- Act as the first point of contact for escalations and complaints and ensure the internal organization is well informed and updated.
- Multi-level stakeholder management to develop & maintain relations with new and existing key accounts
- Follow up trends in the market and identify new business potential to develop new sales growth opportunities
- Work closely with the Account Managers Facades and Dealers Sales Representatives to ensure the project- and broad business is developed on a sustainable level.
- Work closely together with departments in headquarter in The Netherlands, like Finance, Pricing, Marketing, Logistics etc.
- Deliver accurate sales forecasts, monthly sales reports to ensure continued growth of the brand
- Own the key-accounts contracting process with robust rebate and bonus structures (if required) based on clear mutual business objectives and validated by finance (4 eyes principle).
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar job
- Experience in a regulated business environment/ B2B business is required
- Excellent communication, networking and influencing skills, enabling you to initiate contacts, negotiate conditions and agree on win-win agreements;
- Business acumen and implementation power;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, translating strategies into plans and delivering the results through personal and collaborative efforts
- Consultative or value based selling skills
- Deep understanding of Key Accounts’ strategic intent
- Sparring partner for the Region Manager
- Project management skills;
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organizational skills are a must
- Result-oriented mindset and hands-on mentality
- Self-confidence, flexible and takes own initiative;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both to individuals and groups.
- Professional appearance with a can-do attitude
- An ability to be a team player and having the structure and work ethic to independently manage a defined territory.
- CRM Management experience;
Education or Equivalent:
- Bachelor or Master degree in business management, sales or the equivalent
- PC Windows-based software experience required with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and project management software.
- Professional level of English
- Works from home-office with frequent travel inside and outside the country (app. 60% of time)
- Clean driving record
If interested; Please e-mail your resume along with a note to HR Business Partner, Annelies Walta. A.firstname.lastname@example.org.