SENIOR R&D ENGINEER – SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC
Trespa International B.V. is a leading innovator in the field of architectural materials, recognised internationally as a premier developer of high quality panels for exterior cladding, decorative façades and scientific solutions.
Since its founding in 1960, Trespa has worked closely with architects, designers, installers, distributors and end users globally. Trespa’s focus is on product development, combining quality manufacturing technologies with intelligent solutions for architectural applications. With unique insights into key market challenges and demands, Trespa passionately delivers innovative aesthetically pleasing and high performance solutions for a wide range of architectural needs.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Trespa R&D employs over 30 technicians, engineers and chemists responsible for the development of new products and processes and also for the continuous improvement of the product quality and production processes efficiency by implementing new and innovative technologies.
The R&D portfolio consists of projects and programs for both Trespa International B.V. in the Netherlands (focus on panels for exterior applications), its sister companies Arpa Industriale S.p.A. in Italy and Westag & Getalit AG in Germany (focus on interior products).
The R&D team has a position open for a solar PV senior engineer, who will, amongst others, have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Management and/or execution of product and process development projects targeting a next generation of building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) laminates that harvest energy from façades;
- Be an internal expert for solar PV technologies;
- Maintain a network of partners within solar PV such as research institutes, raw materials and equipment manufacturers, certification entities, installation systems specialists;
- Bridge R&D and product compliance activities to attain certifications for BIPV modules and installation systems;
- Identify potential new product development opportunities and performance improvements;
- Coaching of R&D students and/or trainees.
- MSc or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering Materials Science, or another relevant field;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in processes, materials, testing and characterization of PV modules;
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical installation systems for BIPV in façades and/or roofs;
- Project management experience, preferably in new product development projects;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to express complex technical concepts;
- Business fluency in English and at least one other European language;
- Ability to work without close supervision, keeping focused on short and long-term objectives.
To be successful in the position you should be a self-starter, have a positive attitude and proactive nature and be an innovative team-player who challenges traditional solutions in order to create unique technological solutions.
Position is located in Weert, The Netherlands but it might involve up to 30% travel time.