SENIOR DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – PAPER SPECIALIST
Trespa International B.V. is now seeking an exceptional individual, who as a Senior Development Engineer – Paper Specialist will be responsible for the conceptual thinking of the future paper strategy (landscaping the existing paper grades, suppliers, solutions, evaluation, networking with research institutes etc.) and the management and execution of development projects related to the kraft or decor paper development.
Senior Development Engineer will work both for Trespa and Arpa Industriale S.p.A. in Italy.
The new Senior Development Engineer will have, amongst others, the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Analyze current product range with its technical specifications.
- Help to develop a thorough understanding of available paper grades in the market.
- Build a thorough knowledge of existing supply base.
- Assess new opportunities for paper sourcing.
- Define quality requirements for suppliers.
- Project management and execution of R & D projects in order to introduce new paper solutions.
- Build and maintain the network in the paper field, including suppliers, research institutes, associations and other companies active in the paper field.
- Identify new areas of opportunity in the market, which may offer potential for development of new applications or products.
The position is independent and challenging. You are acting as a project leader and depending on the size of project you have typically 1 – 2 other technicians and / or engineers working with you. Moreover, you are helping production organizations at Trespa and Arpa to do troubleshooting with your technology expertise.
The person Trespa seeks has at least 5 years of relevant experience working in an industrial R&D environment or Operational environment (preferably in the paper or paper converting industry) having successfully managed and executed R & D projects in an international environment or being responsible of production. Most ideally the person has gained R & D experience in the field of paper grade development in particularly in the area of kraft papers or decor papers.
The ideal candidate will be distinguished by exceptional responsiveness to market developments, a willingness to take on responsibility and the drive to make things happen. This person is self-motivated professional, with a straightforward approach to problem solving.
He/she will have the talent to communicate at all levels, internally and externally in multicultural environment. The ideal candidate will be distinguished by a clear sense of ethics and a high standard of professional conduct.
It is needed to be fluent in English and other languages like Dutch, German and Italian are considered to be an asset.
The person will hold a solid university education, preferably in paper engineer or paper converting engineer (M.Sc. or Ph.D.).
The location of the position will be at the Trespa International offices in Weert, Netherlands, but will involve up to 30 % travel.