Nemho is the home of the group R&D of the Broadview Materials companies Arpa, Formica, Homapal, Trespa and Westag. Nemho has headquarters in Weert, The Netherlands on the same premises as Trespa with subsidiaries in the different companies.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
We are continuously developing new products and are improving the quality of our products and the efficiency of our production processes amongst others by implementing new technologies and developing new raw materials and intermediates. We are currently looking for a polymer chemist in R&D for the development of new resins (polymers and oligomers).
The main assignment for the polymer chemist is to develop (acrylic) resins for application in coating and impregnation processes.
General tasks include, amongst others:
- Setup and execute development project(s) for acrylic coating resins.
- Synthesize and analyze various resins aiming different processes and end products.
- Support other R&D projects and operations teams in acrylic resins coating and impregnation related topics.
- Network with external contacts like supporting laboratories, test institutes and universities.
We are looking for a candidate with preferably an Academic degree (MSc or PhD) in Polymer Chemistry or comparable with at least 5 years working experience in a related field.
The ideal candidate has experience in the development of acrylic resins for coating and/or impregnation applications. Experience with radiation curable systems is a pre. The candidate is well organized, results oriented and has good project’s content and team management skills. This candidate is experienced in various analytical techniques used, in amongst others, the characterization of polymers and coatings.
Fluent English skills are a must, Dutch, German and Italian are nice to haves.
To be successful in this position you must be a self-starter, have a positive attitude, a proactive nature and hands-on. You also are an innovative team-player who challenges traditional solutions in order to create an added value for the organization.
The position is located in Weert, The Netherlands, where we are currently realizing a brand-new state of the art R&D facility.
We offer great opportunities to grow amongst the market leaders and frontrunners in the field of high pressure laminates.
See also our websites:
Please send your motivation letter and CV to our HR-manager Annelies Walta at email@example.com
For potential question related to this vacancy feel free to contact:
- Annelies Walta ,HR Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 5322 5580
- Pieter Peters, Technology Director at email@example.com or + 31 6 2280 3909
- Isabel Macedo, Technology Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 4628 2570