Nemho is the home of the group R&D of the Broadview Materials companies Arpa, Formica, Homapal, Trespa and Westag. Nemho has headquarters in Weert, The Netherlands on the same premises as Trespa with subsidiaries in the different companies.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
We are continuously developing new products and are improving the quality of our products and the efficiency of our production processes amongst others by implementing new technologies and developing new raw materials and intermediates. We are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician in R&D who will participate in research and support projects of R&D, Production, Quality and Compliance and who will perform routine analyses on products, intermediates and raw materials for Quality Control.
General tasks include amongst others:
Supporting in and reporting on activities related to resin development, coating development, paper and paper impregnation, HPL development and other activities for the companies in the group.
This requires, under supervision, the preparation and testing of raw-materials, intermediates and final products (HPL). Typically, materials are prepared for testing and analysis in the workshop by e.g. coating, pressing and sawing or by sample preparation in the laboratory, in such a way that physical- and chemical analysis and characterization of the material can be performed. Results must be documented and reported in English and Dutch.
Your responsibility is to support departments by:
- The use, maintenance and calibration of equipment for sample preparation and testing.
- The use of hard- and software for automated equipment for sample preparation and testing.
- Operating laboratory equipment and pilot equipment for sample preparation and testing.
- Assist in further standardizing and automating routine measurements and determinations.
- Implementation of new measurement methods (e.g. for new “customers”).
- Performing physical analysis.
- Basic interpretation of the results and observations by statistical means.
- Documentation and reporting of the test results in English language.
- Planning your own work with the guidance of a worklist.
- Active participation in project teams.
- Comply with Lifesaving rules, Safety, Health and Environment principles at Trespa and 5S rules in laboratory.
Examples of the work to be carried out are pressing, milling and sawing of HPL material, sample preparation and more complex physical and chemical analysis.
We are looking for a candidate with preferably an HBO or MBO+ level education in a field related to laboratory work, preferably with at least 3 years working experience in a related field.
The candidate is well organized, result oriented and has good communication skills.
He/she is experienced in various analytical techniques used in amongst others the characterization of wood based materials, polymers and coatings.
To be successful in this position you must be a hands-on self-starter, a team player, have a positive attitude and a proactive nature. You are able to independently plan and finalize your daily and weekly activities and challenge traditional solutions in order to create an added value for the organization.
Next to that you:
- Are aware of Best Laboratory Practices.
- Have experienced in handling computer software (e.g. MS-Office, SharePoint, SAP, etc.).
- Know the basics of statistics and coating technology (CV1a/1b).
- Are fluent in English (level B1) and Dutch, both spoken and written.
- Can compile and interpret results from different resources.
- Have a flexible attitude with regards to finalizing tasks and adaptation of changes in tasks.
The position is located in Weert, The Netherlands, where we are currently realizing a brand-new state of the art R&D facility.
We offer great opportunities to grow amongst the market leaders and frontrunners in the field of high pressure laminates.
See also our websites:
Please send your motivation letter and CV to our HR Business Partner Annelies Walta at email@example.com
For potential question related to this vacancy feel free to contact:
- Annelies Walta HR-Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 5322 5580
- Frits Wijsmuller Laboratory Team leader at F.Wijsmuller@trespa.com or + 31 6 2040 7903.