ANALYTICAL DEVELOPMENT TECHNICIAN
The Trespa Technology Centre Laboratory focuses on the use of physical and chemical techniques and methods to characterize and understand the composition, structure, and performance of materials, chemical products, and processes. We work for two Business Areas of our shareholder: Trespa and Arpa. To strengthen our group we are looking for candidates who fit the role of Analytical Development Technician.
Role and responsibilities
Based in Weert, the Netherlands, as a professional in Resin Analysis and Characterization, you will report to the Laboratory manager. You will participate in projects from R&D, Production and Compliance on various research and support topics. The ideal candidate has strengths in a range of analytical techniques, in polymer analysis such as UPLC, SEC, spectroscopy analysis such as NIR and IR and he or she has experience with polymer characterization techniques such as Pyrolysis GC-MS and/or TD-GC-MS. The team invested and will continue to invest in state-of-the-art capabilities that are essential to delivering analytical science and support within the projects initiated by the two Business Areas. As a team member, you are expected to focus on analytical methodology and development resulting in a growth in knowledge of our products. You will work closely with the Businesses to build strong internal networks within Trespa and Arpa. You will develop to be an expert in our product portfolio and look for opportunities to support in physical and analytical solutions.
- Ensure that analysis and characterization is performed according to Trespa SHE standards.
- Achieving a “good” performance on each of the Trespa Values (Behave with integrity, take responsibility and be transparent).
- Give analytical support.
- Grow into the function of analytical product specialist for Trespa and Arpa.
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, preferably Analytical Chemistry.
- Up-to-date expertise in some of the main expertise areas of polymer analysis and characterization with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- PTN coating technology course is a plus.
- Experience with Empower software is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling you to initiate contacts, supporting people and reporting on the progress of projects and results.
- Result-oriented mindset that puts the client first.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
For further information, please contact Aschwin van der Horst, TTC-Laboratory Manager or Annelies Walta, HR-Manager +31 (0) 495 458 358. A pre-employment screening and an assessment may form part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated.